Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Tips for Styling Your Bookshelves

Stumped is the one word to describe my feeling about our bookshelves in our living room. I love to read and I have a passion for books...... One of the parts of our living room redo is painting and now styling our bookshelves. I have found some great photos that highlight some valuable tips. My problem is I love the crazy, filled to the brim styling of some of these BUT I am also drawn the simplicity of the others. What to do..... can you help me out by commenting and letting me know which ones you love! 


Loving the use of color and finishes in these bookshelves. Most books are stacked horizontally with accents of art and decorative personal items .




Every shelf is filled...a true readers sanctuary....





Books are arranged vertically and by color. An easy way to use this tip is to remove the paper cover on your hardback books. An assortment of decor items are kept at bay.





Monochromatic shelving is accented in the most simple of ways.





Wallpaper on the back of this set of shelving is a great idea to bring some visual interest. Note: I would only do this on a smaller bookcase. All decor items are white which allows the paper to be the focus.





A dark color painted on the back wall allows the decor and books to be the focus. Simplicity at its best!



1 comment:

  1. I struggle with bookcases too. I have books, and that is what a bookcase is for. And mine is full!!!Does it look fancy, maybe not, but my fav reads are there so I love it:)

    ReplyDelete