Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Federal Colonial Dining Room Reveal!

I promised to show you a recently completed dining room and I finally had a good friend and amazing photographer Lindsey Reed Photography come and do the shoot! It was a lot of fun and I think she really captured the room beautifully.

A professional couple from NYC recently purchased a weekend country home in one of my favorite NJ towns Lambertville, NJ! The federal colonial had great bones and beautiful wood working, so my job was made that much easier. The client made some major purchases like the dining room table from Ethan Allen and also purchased an area rug. They came to a halt when in her words the room is becoming so "traditional." She expressed that she wanted an eclectic design with a bold statement made with the chairs. They only wanted to paint the walls, wall coverings was not an option and also requested not to move any electrical wiring that was pre-existing. Working within these boundaries as well as a specific budget, I presented three design concepts and she chose her favorite here! We spent some time choosing one of kind elements and we also incorporated pieces from big box stores and the result is so great! Here are some before shots including the new table and rug already purchased.









And here are the after shots!






Here are some of the details I wanted to share with you....Th abstract artwork above the fireplace mantel is from one of my favorite studios - Black Crow Studios! It has become the focal point in the room and just brings out all the beautiful colors in the drapes and chairs. The antique chairs that were reupholstered are from a great local antique auction house Kamelot Auctions in Philadelphia, PA. I recommend a visit to one of their auctions! Below are some closer detail shots that I think you will like!











I hope you liked this reveal and would love for each reader to leave me a comment, they are invaluable!

Resources

Dining Table -Ethan Allen
Antique Chairs - Kamelot Auctions
Host & Hostess Chairs - Ballard Designs
Rug - Pottery Barn
Sideboard - Horchow
Sconces - Shop Candelabra
Chandlier - Vintage
Drapes - Calico Corners, NJ
Window Hardware - Restoration Hardware
Abstract Painting - Black Crow Studios
Flower Painting - Personal
Tile - Charles Tile, NJ
Fabric for chairs and pillows: Fabric Yard, NJ

29 comments:

  1. Denise! This is so incredible. GREAT work! I can't wait to share it with my readers...today. ;-)
    This space is so beautiful that I can't even choose my favorite element; but the art, chandelier, and tile on the fireplace are simply stunning.
    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Abby for your kind words, I really appreciate it!! I will look out for your post:)

    Just received this comment in my email:

    "your work was just beautiful. i love the chairs and practical choice of fabric. really beautiful. please come and be my dining room fairy too"

    Thanks Christian for your feedback, I can come over any time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The post is up! I hope you get some new traffic.
      Abby

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! A space they can enjoy and a project you should be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- this space is amazing! I came over from Abby's blog and I'm happy to be a new follower. I love what you did with this space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just came over from Abby's -- wow, Denise! what an unbelievable transformation. I love the look within the bones of an antique house. Really stellar. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job. The room has a nice flow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey denise....job well done....love the transformation.....especially the chandelier, drapes and chairse....keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! I would love to know what color you painted the walls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The wall color is Titanium by Benjamin Moore.

    Thanks everyone for the compliments and kind words, I really appreciate your support!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm repainting and was looking for the perfect compromise between white and grey that would still let my white trim pop but yet be bright and light. I think this is it!

      Delete
  10. love those gold chairs--beautiful transformation--great job Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like that you went Modern Federalist with the wingback chairs, sconce pair, and high drama dark drapes. Nicely done and well suited for one of our favorite little historic river towns.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous Denise! I especially love the chandelier and the mirrored buffet. I hope to one day find the perfect house so you can come and help me beautify it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey noni loves it....she loves the green and navy blue together

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you everyone for your awesome support since I began this blog 2 years ago Can't believe how much time has gone by and now I have a great little business!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The space looks beautiful! I love those chairs paired with the wood table and those luxe drapes! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely room! Happy to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great transformation! I love how you painted the walls white, I love the chandelier & sconces, and I super duper love the colorful artwork. Great job! Joining your site to follow now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks ladies for all of your comments, your support means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning Job, Denise! I am so inspired by this space! Every little detail is just gorgeous!
    Virginia
    livelovediy.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have that exact same dining table from EA and cannot believe how different it looks in this setting! I love what you did with it....love the brass/gold accents too, I'm going to incorporate brass and white into my new dining room when we move in Sept! cannot wait...Thanks for sharing Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This room is so fresh and inspiring! Great job Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this room. Those chairs are great and I love the art work above the fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I found this post via Emily A. Clark, and I love how you brought color into this space. I also love how you combined traditional pieces like the yellow chairs and velvet curtains with such modern artwork. Well done!

    On a side note, if you change the width of your blog you will be able to display larger pictures without it overlapping with your sidebar, and it is an easy fix! From your Blogger dashboard, select "Template" for this blog, then select "Customize," and then "Adjust Widths." Click on the white rectangle for "Entire blog" and slide it to the right.

    I hope that doesn't make me seem bossy--I am a born helper!

    Lisa @ theeverydayceliac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa for the tip, just not that computer savvy yet. You can see that the blog looks better already thanks to you! Thank you also for your kind words about the dining room. It is always encouraging when others like your design choices as much as you do!

      Delete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete