Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Client's Family Room Before and After Reveal!

Over the past few months I have been working closely with a beautiful family from Warren NJ on their family room! It is such a great space right off of their kitchen that is used every day as the hub of the families activities. My client contacted me in the spring and expressed their hope to have it finished by the summers end. They provided me with the basis of the room because they already had their hearts set on this beautiful sectional from Arhaus. We decided on a gorgeous charcoal velvet microfiber and the design took shape. My client's were such a pleasure to work for and my hope was to create a room that was comfortable and timeless. Here are the before pictures:





We decided to lighten the wall color, add a larger base molding and replace the carpet with a durable wood flooring. The sofa they selected was a perfect fit in the room and we brought texture and color in with pillows, accessories, area rug and ottoman. I love the addition of traditional elements like the sconces, ottoman, stools and media console with the more clean lined sofa. We incorporated a beautiful spruce green with the pillows and other elements in the room. Additional tables, lighting and art work remain to be chosen by the homeowner but they are happy with the results thus far and so am I! So enough of me chatting away, here are the after shots!













My client's have agreed to let me share the details of my resources with you!

Sofa: Arhaus
Ottoman: LEE Industries
Media Console: Restoration Hardware
Sconces: Regina Andrew
Stools and Accessories: Design Studio of Somerville
Pillows: Calico Corners and Fabric Yard
Mirror: Wisteria
Drapes and Blinds: Calico Corners
Rug: Pottery Barn

Thanks for reading and please leave me your thoughts about the room below, I would love to read them!!



3 comments:

  1. very very soft and pretty.....what a dramatic change to the room......i had to keep on looking at the before pictures to believe it was the same room.....the room is so inviting....great job Denise.....looking forward to your ideas for my upcoming kitchen remodel.....i can;t wait to see what you will come up with.....i was actually thinking of gray cabinets....what do you think about that? text me with your thoughts on it....Majdi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, will you be willing to shre the paint color please?
    Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing makeover! I was just wondering why you didn't take the drapes all the way up to the ceiling? Great paint color!

    ReplyDelete