Monday, January 14, 2013

Alivia's Purple Inspired Design Board!

My dear friends little girl Alivia is about to have her own room for the very first time! Her mom wants to surprise her with a room that is girly but also a room that she can grow into as she gets older. She loves having friends sleep over, so having extra sleeping space is essential. She loves the color purple too! So her mom reached out to me for some design ideas and I have put together this board labeled as #1. I will work up some other options but I have to say I love this!


Starting with my favorite element is the first sample in the far upper left hand corner of geometric wallpaper that would line the walls in her room. The larger geometric fabric would be an accent somewhere in the room. The chinoiserie fabric which is amazing would be the fabric for a few european pillows and a duvet cover that would accent the adorable white and aqua bedding from Serena & Lily. The area rug from Lulu and Georgia and the curtain panels are also from Serena & Lily. Sweet bone inlaid side tables, white gourd lamps, cute elephant stool and mirror from Ballard Designs are the perfect accents to the room. What do you think, do you love or just like it?

1 comment:

  1. I love it! It really does strike the balance of her needs/wants now and something she'll still love in the future. That chinoiserie fabric is amazing-love it. And the trundle-style bed is a perfect option instead of bunk beds. I also love, love the deep dark purple of the rug. Great design board!!

    ReplyDelete