Friday, March 2, 2012

Finally Done with Our Stairs!

You may remember my post about some of updates we were working on in our home. Our carpeted stairs needed to be replaced with hardwood stairs. 






Instead of replacing the entire staircase, another inexpensive option is to resurface the old staircase by installing only new stair treads and covering the toe kicks with thin composite board and a detail trim piece.

Here is the finished result and we keep asking ourselves why we didn't do this sooner! 








Upstairs Adam replaced the railing with this beauty!



We added this great antiqued brass wall sconce from Hudson Valley Lighting.


Slowly, I have been working on adding to my vintage and eclectic art gallery wall. I picked up some interesting pieces from antique stores, flea markets and etsy. The wall is always evolving and here is where I am right now but that can always change!








What do you think?

Have a great weekend!

2 comments: