Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Design Tip of the Day! White Paint

Elsie de Wolfe said "Believe in optimism and plenty of white paint." The women who invented interior decorating were full of big advice.

For years I wanted to paint an entire room white. So many people talked me out of it every time I mentioned it. Well, last winter I finally did it with the help of my husband and once it was finished I was so excited! I loved it! The most challenging part was choosing the right white for my bedroom. I wanted a calming and soothing effect without the clinical feeling that some whites may have. I searched out some advice and settled on Benjamin Moore's Dove White, we were not disappointed! We added some white linen drapes, a sea grass rug and some other accent pieces and just loved the complete result!!

Below I am going to share with you some favorite whites used by designers along with some rooms that I think are splendid! 


FARROW & BALL POINTING 2003



BENJAMIN MOORE WHITE DOVE OC-17



PANTONE PRISTINE 11-0606TPX


 White paint is used in these rooms below as a backdrop or blank canvas for their artwork, lovely furniture pieces and decorative items. If you have a favorite white room in your house email me a picture and I will post it for all to see!




No comments:

Post a Comment